Saturday, November 14, 2009

12

It's been six months since they killed Mike, but it still feels like yesterday. I don't feel like I'm making much progress resolving my internal conflicts about this. The rapid pace in which problems appear and need to be resolved has been constant. The resentment I feel from the people taking advantage of the situation is intense and not helping. It is what it is Nora, what did you expect. Some asshole called yesterday to bitch about the price of the building and try to low ball me with the cosmetic problems at the property. I told him he was wasting his time,and I wouldn't even take the time to show him the inside if his bid wasn't much higher. He kept trying to convince me and I told him I would keep it or list it with a Realtor before we accepted 750,000. Today I'm showing the last apartment for rent, and meeting the electrician to rewire the safety lights the gang members riped out. Later we play a game of get the tenants in line so they pay their rent one time. Meeting with them all individually on a surprise visit sounds so sneaky but necessary. They avoid us as much as they can to not pay rent. I'm fairly ready to hand in all my paperwork at this point to get my life back. Part of me knows Marge needs my help and it's too much work for one person. The other part of me is not a quitter and will see this through until it's all sold. Got to get busy with my appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment